Thursday 6 October 2011

Another busy week is almost past.  College has been interesting this week but work needs to start on all the assignments that are being doled out.  Work has been particularly manic this week but the train journey into London allowed me to finally read Lawton's 'Making Space for Nature' report which has been kicking about my study for months.  It is closely linked to the Landscape Ecology module I have just started so it makes for good background reading.

I met with some of the Living Landscapes team on Tuesday and Michelle and I have agreed to work on a few bits for the Hanningfield document.  I say a 'few' bits - we are hoping not to have bitten off more than we can chew!  I'll be looking at the geology, topograhy and hydrology section(!) and then we'll both be working together on key wildlife habitats and key species AND managing for biodiversity.  I'm actually very excited about it all.

This weekend sees the 2-year anniversary of my trip to La Brenne with EuCAN as a conservation volunteer... essentially what changed my career direction.  If you haven't heard about my trip (and I'd be surprised if you haven't!) then you can read about it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment